Saturday 1 September 2018

INSTAGRAM MAKEUP | COLORFUL MAKEUP: COTTON CANDY EYES | COACHELLA MAKEUP (2018)

Check out my new video: to a festival or carnival this summer? Want to do some creative makeup that is bright and bold?

Welcome Back Everybody!

Recently I was playing with makeup and started adding some bright colors to see what look I could come up with. I really wanted to focus on bright colors that would work well for the summer months, especially if you are heading to a summer concert or music festival. Upon completion I was really reminded of my childhood favorite sweet, cotton candy. I thought this look was so fun, bright, colorful, and sweet all at the same time.

Blue and pink eyeshadows were the star of this look along with a lot of glitter! I kept the outsides of the look dark and kept all the color in the middle. The brows are thick and bushy, which is right on trend with this bold look. Lastly, I paired the look with some dewy foundation as well as some really bright and bold fuchsia lips to tie the whole look together.

Step 1: Prime your eyelids with a primer. I used the Urban Decay primer potion.

Step 2: Use an overall shade. I used a bone colored shade from the Huda Beauty Warm Brown Mini Palette, one that I use all the time.

Step 3: Use a light tan shade as a transition in the crease. Use a fluffy brush and make it very soft and blend it in well.

Step 4: Take a ocean blue shade (I used Mac's How Royal Single Shadow) and placed it over the lid. I used my fingers first and then afterwards used a brush to make it neater.

Step 5: We are going to add glitter, so use the NYX glitter primer as the base and then use a shimmery white shade over the top. Using your finger for this step will be the best for you.

Step 6: Darken the outside wing of your eye. Take a black shade (I used the Urban Decay Smoky Palette and used the shade black market). Use a wing liner brush to make the wing sharper (this step is not in the video)

Step 7: We want to darken this even more to really get a strong outer v, so I used the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette (shade blackheart)to add more dimension.

Step 8: To finish off the top of my eye I used the Stila Magnificent Metals Liquid Eyeshadow in Molten Midnight to get a dark and sparkly effect.

Step 9: I added mascara and fake lashes before moving to the bottom.

Step 10: I used a baby pink shade (sephora single shade prom queen n 307) with a wet brush across the bottom lash line. I darkened the outer bottom edge with the blackheart shade from earlier.

Step 11: I added some glitter in the inner corner (make up for ever diamond powder)-this step is optional

Step 12: I lined my waterline with a silver liner (urban decay 24/7 glide on pencil in shade cuff) for a bright effect

Step 13: I finished the eyes with some mascara on the bottom lashes

I hope you find this look fun, and I hope the tutorial is easy for you to follow!

Join the UpsnaaPicks team:

Artist: Tristam

Title: Questions

Licensed by

License.Monstercat.com (on behalf of Subscribe, and Follow!

Instagram:

Blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment